Responsible for the design of electronic products for vehicle accessories, safety products and the mobile computer industry. Requires active participation in team meetings, problem solving and data collection.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches and determines end-user design criteria through written and oral communications.
- Prepares circuit and PCB design on CAD system.
- Electronic component specifications.
- Constructs and tests prototype assemblies to assure performance within design criteria.
- Details product drawings for manufacturing.
- Prepares and maintains all required engineering document files, data and resource materials.
- Evaluates existing product line. Recommends and creates modifications and improvements as needed.
- Actively participates in team problem solving, process improvement and decision making.
- Comply and assist with all requirements of ISO 9001:2000 and the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Works closely with customers and end-user to trouble shoot product and system issues.
- Supports production with test unit set-ups and trouble shooting
- Works closely with outside vendors and design firms.
Requires a four year degree in electronic design or equivalent work experience. Specialized skills required for electronic sheet metal and/or plastics packaging. Knowledge of computers and other electronic devices is necessary.
Position reports directly to the VP-Engineering. Involves no supervisory functions, but will assist less experienced engineers.
Maintains inter-team contact throughout the company as needed. Must be able to communicate effectively with vendors to interpret engineering prints. Extensive contact with customers will occur. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive internal information.
Work is generally performed in an office environment with minimal physical risks involved. There are times, however, when prototype work is performed in a manufacturing environment. Limited hazards may exist in using the prototype equipment, hazards are limited if established safeguards are followed. Occasional travel is required to customer sites, trade shows, vendors, etc.
Responsible for accuracy, organizational, and currency of all engineering resources including, but not limited to, drawing files, engineering change form files, and catalog files. Performance has a direct impact on customer relationships.
Candidates can submit resumes and cover letter to: email@example.com.