Designs and develops new electro/mechanical products from concept to production. Identifies improvements and redesigns existing products. Determines and establishes specifications through engineering calculations and layouts. Communicates with vendors and customers to obtain information and assistance. Requires active participation in team meetings, problem solving and data collection.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches end users’ needs through written and oral communication with sales managers and directly with users. In some cases, travel to trade shows and customer sites is required.
- Determines new product design criteria with the cooperative efforts between engineering, marketing and/or sales and the customer.
- Utilizing Solidedge, performs design and detail work to meet the design criteria.
- Develops modifications to existing products and components.
- Utilizing Solidedge, prepares drawings for end-user instruction manuals and product bulletins.
- Maintains files of engineering drawings and data.
- Creates and maintains bills of material.
- Actively participates in team problem solving, process improvement, and decision
- Works with outside vendors on interpretation of engineering prints.
- Produces prototypes using in-house metal fabrication machinery.
- Provides technical support to sales managers, marketing and to customer service representatives either verbally or through written documentation.
- Oversee assembly and tests of engineering prototypes.
- Travel required.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, product design, and 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment is required with a strong emphasis on injection molded, die cast, and sheet metal parts or equivalent work experience. Well developed organizational, project management, and computer skills are essential.
Please send resumes and cover letter to email@example.com.