As a member of the assigned Cell, oversees entire product line through ongoing assessment and development of products, pricing and go-to-market position to deliver superior customer satisfaction while simultaneously providing long-term value for the company. Works closely within the Cell and with Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Operations personnel for all product-release issues. Coordinate and assist with all installation-related functions/issues with the portfolio that she/he oversees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the sales team (and distributors, if applicable) with questions and product information.
- Collect marketing information, including competitive benchmarks, trends and opportunities and customer expectations.
- Manage the Cell budget and help achieve company and cell KPI’s
- Comply and assist with all requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Assist marketing in setting up tradeshow and photographs product literature.
- Product Line Marketing:
- Development and maintenance of sales channels and competitive strategies
- Current market information
- Key market positioning
- Rolling product plan
- Rolling sales forecast
- Sales and gross profit margin history
- Market share
- Product life cycle plans and product end-of-life planning
- Maintain regular contact with the customer base, end-user and reseller, through e-mail, telephone calls, in-person visits and surveys to assess levels of “customer experience” satisfaction and to identify emerging needs.
- Assist in resolving customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions and making recommendations to management when necessary.
Initiate and participate in related marketing communication activities:
- Product releases
- Advertisement creation and placement, as needed
- Trade show selection and coordination, as needed
New product development:
- With keen end-user focus, identify concepts for new products to meet existing or anticipated market needs
- Complete project business case documents
- Determine and document product specifications required
- Plan, develop and communicate strategy for product launch and initial forecast
- Track, sales costs and margin and effects on existing product line revenues
- Conduct continued product promotion
Sales team support:
- Joint sales calls to key accounts
- Proposal/bid development assistance
- Regularly develop and conduct product, market and application training
Monitor competitors’ actions:
- Maintain awareness of the competition and other market forces affecting the product line, through networking and mainstream research
- Provide timely competitive information and product comparisons to sales, marketing and engineering teams
- Assist in special projects and/or perform additional duties that are assigned by management.
- Demonstrate and encourage a cooperative and congenial working relationship, within and outside the company