Strategically leads, develops and manages quality processes for continual improvement including administration of the quality management system, chemical substances management, and service department management. Works to establish best practices within the organization to maintain and exceed ISO standards and certifications. Dynamically leads quality team and works cross-functionally throughout the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration of the ISO 9001:2015 quality management system including:
- Establish, implement and maintain quality management system per ISO guidelines
- Execute effective internal and external communication to established parties regarding the quality management system
- Preparation, coordination and documentation of internal and external audits
- Periodic management review of the quality system
- Raise quality awareness and customer focus through special programs or communications
- Develop and monitor appropriate quality metrics
- Administration of the chemical substance management program
- Support internal workflow systems with document creation, maintenance and training programs
- Manage and support service department
- Communicate and interact with customers and suppliers as required
- Develop and maintain annual departmental budget
- Complete special assignments as requested by the President
Individual is primarily responsible for the accuracy and compliance of the quality management system to the ISO 9001:2015 quality standard. While it is recognized top management support is required in meeting this objective, this position is critical in identification of tasks required for compliance.
The desired candidate with excel and show above average abilities in the following areas:
Communication: Strong ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally in a professional manner with inside and outside contacts, customers and suppliers while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
Cognitive Functions: Displays ability to think independently and apply sound judgment to challenging situations utilizing problem solving skills. Ability to work independently in a self-directed nature to accomplish objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs).
Organizational Abilities: Maintains a high level of organization within departments to ensure compliance of ISO and other industry standards. Maintains and completes paperwork and documentation in organized fashion to uphold quality and security standards.
Ethics: Demonstrate strong ethical standards and best practices to actively maintain sensitive and confidently information.
Work is performed in an environment with limited exposure to any physical risk. However, work is typically performed in a production environment and appropriate measures for working safely around machinery and/or production processes must be observed. Some travel is required to customer sites, suppliers and trade shows, as needed.
Reports directly to the President, but requires interaction throughout the entire organization in alignment of objectives. Supervises the quality team and production associate(s) in the service and repair department.