Operate test equipment in support of new product development and existing product improvement. Schedules equipment usage, designs and produces work holding devices for product analysis, provides feedback to design and development process, and assists in new product development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize sketching techniques or 3D CAD modeling to design work holding devices for use on the test equipment.
- Produce work holding devices utilizing existing production equipment.
- Develop schedule and perform testing of existing product in support of continual improvement.
- Perform testing on new products as needed during the new product development cycle. Testing may include laboratory testing and in-vehicle monitoring.
- Support development process by providing timely written and verbal reports, assist in determining causes of failures and suggest product enhancements.
- Develop operating and maintenance procedures for test equipment.
- Participate in prototype and 1st production builds of new products with focus on test requirements (work holding devices) and component part inspection criteria (help in identification of critical features and inspection requirements).
- Perform incoming inspection as needed in support of the overall Quality Department needs and goals.
- Evaluate and improve efficiencies and accuracy in the receiving inspection processes through application of lean principles.
- Keep paper and electronic records in neat and retrievable manner and test area organized, clean and in working order.
- Provide performance feedback and coaching to assist with associate development.
Candidates can submit resumes and cover letter to: email@example.com.