Product Manager/Product Marketer
Full Job Description
At Gamber-Johnson, we recognize that you have an abundance of choices regarding who you work for, so let us tell you a little bit about why Gamber-Johnson is an independently certified Great Place to Work.
To start with, we recognize that our future success is 100 percent dependent upon our team members, and we set out each day to show how much we truly appreciate that! From FREE onsite healthcare to FREE Netflix or Hulu, Gamber-Johnson offers a genuinely unique compensation and benefits package designed to support our team members and their families in all facets of life!
Secondly, Gamber-Johnson believes in an all-hands-on-deck approach to business. At Gamber-Johnson, your title does not define you. All team members work together to achieve a common goal centered around mutual success. It is not uncommon to see the company President helping assemble a docking station or ship out a package. When one team is down, we all pitch in to help each other! Come work for us and be a part of a positive culture and a team that really cares.
Thirdly, our products make a difference! Our cause is supporting technology to help save the world. Our products help ensure police, fire, EMS, military, and many other critical groups have the technology and equipment they need to effectively and safely do their jobs.
Don’t just take our word for it! We encourage you to reach out to our team members and the communities in which we operate to learn more about Gamber-Johnson.
Please visit our website for a complete list of benefits, team member testimonials, and to learn more about why Gamber-Johnson is a destination employer!
Now that you know a bit of what Gamber-Johnson has to offer let’s talk about the great opportunity we have available!
Gamber-Johnson LLC, an award-winning industry leader in the manufacturing of mobile and proAV mounting solutions trusted to be “Rugged, Reliable, and Responsive,” is looking for a Product Manager/Product Marketer for our VIP (Vehicle Integrated Products) Cell (What’s a Cell? Visit our Website for more detail).
What You’ll Do:
As a Product Manager/Product Marketer, you are responsible for developing and executing your Cell’s go-to-market strategy. Working collaboratively with your team, you have the opportunity to help run a business within a business. This role is the driving force of product management, helping to ensure your Cell’s products are priced, positioned, and marketed to outperform the competition.
- Development and maintain go-to-market channels and competitive strategies
- Plan, develop, and communicate a strategy for product launch and initial forecast
- Product life cycle planning
- Product end-of-life planning
- Maintain awareness of the competition and other market forces affecting the product line through networking and mainstream research
- Develop and recommend pricing
- Work collaboratively with outside sales team to develop strategy and support sales efforts
- Recommend and research new product opportunities and markets
- Sales forecasting and planning
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements of the performance of this job. It is NOT to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
What it Takes and the Work Environment:
The ideal candidate should approach business with an entrepreneurial mindset, possessing unrivaled drive and motivation, allowing them to set themselves and Gamber-Johnson apart from the competition. Candidates should flourish in a work environment where their thoughts, ideas, and suggestions are not only welcome but also paramount for success. We are looking for “Achievers” who gauge their success, not on accomplishing tasks but rather the successful execution of a comprehensive go-to-market strategy. Candidates who wake up each morning with a “Win the Day” mentality are who we are looking for! We hope this position is just one of many you hold at Gamber-Johnson as you grow your career with us!
Work will be performed in a safe, clean, state-of-the-art open office space.
Desired Character Traits:
- Entrepreneur – You thrive in the pursuit of new ideas and have a willingness to pursue those ideas and combine resources to achieve the goal of fulfilling the needs of a market.
- Data-driven – You can organize, explore, and synthesize unstructured data into actionable insights to better inform operational decision making
- Intellectually Curious – You have an insatiable desire to understand how things work, why they work the way they do, identify data-driven insights, and consistently challenge the status quo
- Detail-oriented – You possess strong organizational skills and consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to your work
- Self-starter – You are highly motivated and passionate. You’re eager to take on new projects without knowing exactly what you will uncover
- Agile – You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments and are comfortable working autonomously
- Critical-thinker – You use logic to identify opportunities, evaluate alternatives, and synthesize and present critical information to solve complex problems
- Excellent communicator – You can explain complex information to a variety of audiences
- Forward-thinker – Your title and position does not define you in Gamber-Johnson. If you have an idea to help the business, we want to hear it!
- High Business Acumen – You understand what drives a business forward and how to execute a strategy.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
- One location