Gamber-Johnson LLC, an award-winning industry leader in the manufacturing of mobile and ProAV mounting solutions trusted to be “Rugged, Reliable, and Responsive,” is looking for a Senior Buyer for our Premier Mounts Brand.
As a Senior Buyer, you will be responsible for the procurement of all manufacturing material, with a strong emphasis on inventory control and cost reduction. The Senior Buyer will work to expand and create supplier relationships to improve quality, service, and timely deliveries. The Senior Buyer is also responsible for communicating quality requirements to new and existing suppliers and assuring that our strict quality standards are being met. The Senior Buyer must thrive in a fast-paced work environment and be comfortable managing domestic and international suppliers.
- Design and build data visualization dashboards
- Procurement and performance analyses (on-time vendor analysis/report card, price variance analysis, metrics reports)
- Cost & process optimization assessment
- Identifying actionable insights from the spend analysis
- Collect and analyze internal data such as spend and customer requirements, analyze historical spend data, and identify trends and patterns
- Support strategy and procurement optimization processes by providing data insights measuring procurement and supplier performance and providing recommendations for actions
- Perform procurement analytics to deliver actionable insights to larger procurement team to enable significant business impact
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders and cross-functional partners
- Procurement of manufacturing materials
- Communicate quality requirements to new and existing suppliers
- Manage supplier relationships
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements of the performance of this job. It is NOT to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
What it Takes and the Work Environment:
The ideal candidate should be a driven, dynamic, and highly analytical professional looking to work for a high-performing company that practices quick response manufacturing (QRM). Candidates should thrive in a team-orientated environment where their thoughts, ideas, and work have a direct impact on the overall success of the company. We are looking for candidates who want to grow. We hope this position is just one of many you hold at Gamber-Johnson as you grow your career with us!
Work will be performed in a safe, clean, and state-of-the-art open office space.
Desired Character Traits:
- Data-driven – You can organize, explore, and synthesize unstructured data into actionable insights to better inform operational decision making
- Intellectually Curious – You have an insatiable desire to understand how things work, why they work the way they do, identify data-driven insights, and consistently challenge the status quo
- Detail-oriented – You possess strong organizational skills and consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to your work
- Self-starter – You are highly motivated and passionate. You’re eager to take on new projects without knowing exactly what you will uncover
- Agile – You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments and are comfortable working autonomously
- Critical-thinker – You use logic to identify opportunities, evaluate alternatives, and synthesize and present critical information to solve complex problems
- Excellent communicator – You can explain complex information to a variety of audiences
- Fun-loving – Work should be enjoyable; we want candidates who love to have fun! We set out to make sure you enjoy coming to work each day.
- Forward-thinker – Your title and position does not define you in Gamber-Johnson. If you have an idea to help the business, we want to hear it!
Why We Are Different and What You’ll Receive:
Gamber-Johnson offers competitive pay and benefits!
How many times have you heard a company say this?
Although this is absolutely true, what sets Gamber-Johnson apart from other employers is our all-hands-on-deck approach to business. At Gamber-Johnson, your title does not define you; all team members work together to achieve a common goal centered around mutual success. It is not uncommon to see the President of the company helping assemble a docking station or ship out a package. When one team is down, we all pitch in to help each other!
At Gamber-Johnson, we recognize that our future success is 100 percent dependent upon our team members, and we set out each day to show how much we truly appreciate that! Come work for us and be a part of a team that truly cares. We are proud to be “Great Place to Work Certified” and look forward to you joining our growing team!
For a complete list of our competitive and unique benefits, such as FREE ONSITE HEALTHCARE through the Gamber-Johnson Family Clinic, please visit our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
- One location - Gamber-Johnson Headquarters