Gamber-Johnson is an award-winning manufacturer of mobile mounting solutions trusted to be rugged, reliable, and responsive! Our products are used by public safety, enterprise, military, and warehouse fleets worldwide, fulfilling our promise to “support technology to help save the world!”
Message from the CEO
Here at Gamber-Johnson, we take great pride in being a "Great Place to Work®". Our mission statement is "Joyful Growth" where all of our stakeholders, especially our team members, participate in our growth and success. Gamber has more than doubled its sales and number of employees in the last five years with no end in sight! This growth enables us to offer great benefits and amenities for our team members. Our new facility has been completely remodeled to offer a unique office workspace which fosters collaboration and teamwork. Features of our new spaces will provide improved health and wellness benefits as well as more opportunities to have fun! We believe in self-directed work. Our team members are integral to all of our processes and decision-making is pushed to the level where the actual work is being done. Everyone contributes to our award-winning success!
Awards and Recognition
- 2022 - Great Place To Work Certification
- 2022 - Decree of Excellence Award from Portage County Business Council
- 2021 - Samsung Great Sales Performance Award
- 2021 - Great Place To Work Certification
- 2020 - Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Grand Award
- 2019 - Wisconsin Governor's Export Achievement Award
- 2019 - Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year for Exceptional Customer Relations
- 2018 - President's "E" Star Award for Exports
- 2018 - Manufacturing Excellence Award
- 2017 - Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Nominee
- 2017 - United Way Special Service Award
- 2016 - Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Nominee
- 2015 - Wisconsin Governor's Export Achievement Award
- 2015 - Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Nominee
- 2014 - President's "E" Star Award for Exports
- 2014 - Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Nominee
- 2013 - Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Nominee
- 2010 - Cygnus Innovation Award
- 2004 - Workplace of Distinction - Corporate Report Wisconsin
- 2000 - Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Nominee
Founded in Stevens Point as a designer and manufacturer of wooden, household furniture
Developed and patented the slide mount (Super Slide)
Developed universal cradle mount (NotePad™), a first in the industry
Acquired On-Site Instruments which enabled the development of mobile computer docking stations
1st in the industry to receive
ISO 9001:2001 certification
Acquired Scientific Dimension Inc.
Released industry’s first magnesium docking station
Received Cygnus Innovation Award for Energizer flashlight and mount with wireless charging
Began export initiative with ExporTech™
Received President’s “E” Award for Exports
Received Wisconsin Governor Export Award for the first time and again in 2019
Partnered with Main Street Capital on management buyout
Rebranded and launched new logo design
Acquired Zirkona Sweden and Precision Mounting Technologies in Canada
Received Manufacturing Excellence Award from the Greater Wausau Chamber of Commerce
Received President “E” Star Award for continued growth in exports
Opened Madison, WI satellite office
Won Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Award for the second year in a row
Acquired and rebranded Premier Mounts in Corona, CA
Awarded “Great Place to Work” certification
Moved world headquarters to 133,000 sq. ft. facility
Our purpose and reason for being
Gamber‐Johnson's mission statement is purposely simplistic, yet discretely sophisticated at the same time. These two words, Joyful Growth, reflect what our company sets out to achieve every day. There are four areas of our business that our mission statement is particularly meaningful for:
- People ‐ Our people are at the heart of everything we do; without them, our primary purpose of providing superior value to our customers is impossible! Through our purpose’s successful execution, we deliver growth opportunities for all individuals along the value chain, including our employees, customers, partners, and suppliers.
- Products ‐ New and innovative products are the lifeline for future growth. In being responsive to our customers' needs we aim to develop products that meet and exceed their expectations.
- Profits ‐ Our customers must profit from the use of our products. By providing our customers with the best experience and value in the industry, the profits needed to be a self‐sustained and progressive company will be inherent
- Principles ‐ The foundation for our company is the principles by which we conduct business. Only by operating under impeccable standards may we earn our employees’ and customers' highest level of approval; their trust.
Our Guiding Principles
Our Cause: "Supporting technology to help save the world."
- Be transparent in all our dealings.
We cannot always disclose everything to everyone but we will always disclose what we can and assure that it is enough for a stakeholder to make informed decisions.
- Always do the right things in the right ways.
If it is the right thing to do, we will do it. We will not trade off short term benefit if it harms or may potentially harm the future. No compromises on safety or quality. Honor all commitments. Treat everyone fairly.
- Empower every employee to contribute in their own best way to Gamber's success.
We will provide opportunities for employees to grow with the company, to enhance their skillset and to contribute meaningfully.
- Operate ethically, beyond reproach.
We will never take any action which could be seen by any stakeholder as unethical.
- Foster more collaboration and teamwork.
We will strive to reach consensus where possible and to empower teams at each level of the organization to act within these guidelines to further our Cause.
- Strive to always create value and eliminate waste.
Value creation is the key to winning customers and acting lean.
- Maintain unerring customer focus and responsiveness.
Without customers, we have nothing. Focusing on and responding to customers’ needs is paramount.
- Be goal‐oriented and farsighted.
Using metrics where possible, we will measure progress towards goals and will react definitively and quickly to close any gaps. Keep sight of the big picture ‐ don't sacrifice long term gains or create long term problems for short term benefits.
- Be an employer of choice.
Through executing Joyful Growth and abiding by these guidelines, we will be an employer of choice.
- Positively contribute to our community.
We will contribute to the community as a good employer, donor to important causes and by supporting our employees in their volunteer activities.
- Foster innovation and embrace change in all phases of Gamber.
Going beyond products, we must innovate in all aspects of the organization or the world will pass us by. Change opens opportunity. Resistance to change brings stagnation and obsolescence.
Our team members understand that the company’s success is directly tied to the well-being of the communities in which they operate and serve. We may be situated in the heart of rural Wisconsin, but our social responsibility and community outreach not only extend far beyond the town, but also beyond the state. As we have grown over the years, so has our ability to support the causes and organizations that are near and dear to the hearts of team members, their families, product resellers, and end users. Community support and stewardship activities have presented many benefits including team building and talent attraction, higher employee morale and improved collaboration, relationship building, and much more.
In 2020 Gamber-Johnson made charitable contributions totaling nearly $130,000 to 20 different Charities. Below is a list of just some of the charities and organizations that received donations from Gamber-Johnson in 2020.
1. Mid-State Technical College
2. C.O.P.S. - Concerns of Police Survivors
3. National Fallen Firefighter Foundation
4. Boys & Girls Club of Portage County
5. United Way of Portage County
6. Samoset Council BSA
7. SPASH Skills USA
8. Village Of Kronenwetter Fire Department
Gamber-Johnson is also proud to support our team members by matching employee charitable contributions of $25 or more to a maximum of $500 per employee, per calendar year. Through this program we proudly support the charitable organizations most near and dear to our team member’s hearts.