Full Job Description
At Gamber-Johnson, we recognize that you have an abundance of choices regarding who you work for, so let us tell you a little bit about why Gamber-Johnson is an independently certified Great Place to Work.
To start with, we recognize that our future success is 100 percent dependent upon our team members, and we set out each day to show how much we truly appreciate that! From FREE onsite healthcare to FREE Netflix or Hulu, Gamber-Johnson offers a genuinely unique compensation and benefits package designed to support our team members and their families in all facets of life!
Secondly, Gamber-Johnson believes in an all-hands-on-deck approach to business. At Gamber-Johnson, your title does not define you. All team members work together to achieve a common goal centered around mutual success. It is not uncommon to see the company President helping assemble a docking station or ship out a package. When one team is down, we all pitch in to help each other! Come work for us and be a part of a positive culture and a team that really cares.
Thirdly, our products make a difference! Our cause is supporting technology to help save the world. Our products help ensure police, fire, EMS, military, and many other critical groups have the technology and equipment they need to effectively and safely do their jobs.
Don’t just take our word for it! We encourage you to reach out to our team members and the communities in which we operate to learn more about Gamber-Johnson.
Please visit our website for a complete list of benefits, team member testimonials, and to learn more about why Gamber-Johnson is a destination employer!
Now that you know a little bit about what Gamber-Johnson has to offer, let’s talk about the great opportunity we have available!
What You’ll Do:
As a Production Associate, you are a critical member of the Operations team and overall company helping to ensure quality product is shipped on time to our customers. Our Production Associates play a vital role in helping ensure our products deliver on our value proposition of being “Rugged, Reliable, and Responsive.”
- Work in a team environment to assemble products to engineering specifications
- Achieve daily output goals
- Maintain an organized work area
- Collect, report, and generate data to complete production transactions and maintain production records
- Assist in maintaining a safe work area.
- Use a variety of light tools effectively
- Comply and assist with all requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and the pursuit of continual improvement
- Primary working schedule is from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm; Monday through Friday
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements of the performance of this job. It is NOT to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
What it Takes and the Work Environment:
The ideal candidate should be a driven, dynamic, and highly analytical professional looking to work for a high-performing company that practices quick response manufacturing (QRM). Candidates should thrive in a team-orientated environment where their thoughts, ideas, and work have a direct impact on the overall success of the company. We are looking for candidates who want to grow. We hope this position is just one of many you hold at Gamber-Johnson as you grow your career with us!
Work will be performed in a safe, clean, and state-of-the-art open office space.
Desired Character Traits:
- Data-driven – You can organize, explore, and synthesize unstructured data into actionable insights to better inform operational decision making
- Intellectually Curious – You have an insatiable desire to understand how things work, why they work the way they do, identify data-driven insights, and consistently challenge the status quo
- Detail-oriented – You possess strong organizational skills and consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to your work
- Self-starter – You are highly motivated and passionate. You’re eager to take on new projects without knowing exactly what you will uncover
- Agile – You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments and are comfortable working autonomously
- Critical-thinker – You use logic to identify opportunities, evaluate alternatives, and synthesize and present critical information to solve complex problems
- Excellent communicator – You can explain complex information to a variety of audiences
- Fun-loving – Work should be enjoyable; we want candidates who love to have fun! We set out to make sure you enjoy coming to work each day.
- Forward-thinker – Your title and position does not define you in Gamber-Johnson. If you have an idea to help the business, we want to hear it!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
- One location